Associate Director to Director, Chemistry
A great opportunity to grow your career with an exciting, early-stage company! We are seeking an experienced medicinal chemist to be responsible for leading chemistry efforts on our discovery programs by applying autophagy-mediated degradation of proteins and non-protein targets. Working within an internal multidisciplinary team and with CRO teams, this individual will help define the chemistry strategy, and drive hit-to-lead/lead-optimization work towards the identification of tool molecules and eventually development candidates.
PAQ Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a new approach to restoring health and curing disease through autophagy, the body’s most versatile mechanism for natural cellular degradation. We are developing a new class of small molecule degradation therapies by expanding the ability to directly target and eliminate disease-causing entities. PAQ Therapeutics recently completed $30 million in Series A financing.
- Lead/co-lead small molecule drug discovery programs from hit-to-lead to Development Candidate selection in collaboration with biology, pharmacology and structural biology colleagues and contribute to overall corporate medchem strategy.
- Leverage a strategic and holistic approach to hit identification, lead generation and lead optimization by in-depth analysis of data, multifactorial optimization (in vitro, ADME, structural biology) to deliver tool molecules for PoC and Development Candidates.
- Lead productive discussions and meetings on key scientific questions and strategies with internal and external colleagues at all levels and across disciplines.
- Proactively identifies issues within the project and leads the team to cross-functional solutions to drive project decisions.
- PhD in organic chemistry with 5+ years of experience as a medicinal chemist in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key molecular recognition, ADME, biochemical, pharmacological and safety principles and application of this knowledge to the design of new molecules.
- Strong problem-solving ability and creativity.
- Attention to detail and proven track record in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a fast-paced, multidisciplinary project team.
- Experience in managing internal and external scientists at CRO preferred.