Associate Director to Director, Biology
A great opportunity to grow your career with an exciting, early-stage company! The Associate Director/Director, Biology, will be responsible for leading drug discovery programs. Within a multidisciplinary team, this individual will define the project strategy, and implement assays to drive hit-to-lead/lead-optimization work towards the identification of development candidates. She/he will direct and prioritize efforts to address key scientific questions and drive progression within timelines.
PAQ Therapeutics is an early-stage biotechnology company pioneering a novel approach to restoring health and curing disease through autophagy, the body’s most versatile mechanism for natural cellular degradation. We are developing a new class of small molecule degradation therapies by expanding the ability to directly target and eliminate disease-causing entities.
- Lead/co-lead small molecule drug discovery programs from hit-to-lead to Development Candidate selection in collaboration with medicinal chemistry, pharmacology and structural biology colleagues.
- Collaborate on design and implementation of efficient compound testing scheme and supervise development of critical biological assays.
- Lead productive discussions and meetings on key scientific questions and strategies with internal and external colleagues at all levels and across disciplines.
- Proactively identifies issues within the project and leads the team to cross-functional solutions to drive project decisions.
- Rapidly adapt to changing project priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- PhD in Cell Biology or Molecular Biology or Biochemistry, or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of industry drug discovery experience. Project leadership experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of cell biology and common techniques required; experience in neurodegenerative disease a plus.
- Attention to details and proven track record in handling, analyzing, and presenting experimental data to drive decision making.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a fast-paced, multidisciplinary project team.
- Experience working with external CRO preferred.